In the recent Detox Yoga Getaway, I facilitated two yoga classes a day over a six night luxury stay at Brookdale Health Hydro in the KZN Midlands. It was complete bliss and I am so grateful to everyone who participated! I hope to see you all again next year!
These were our focus areas of the detoxification yoga programme:
- Stimulating digestive ‘fire’ to assist flushing and purifying ability of liver and kidneys.
- Increasing blood flow and circulation throughout the body to boost transportation of toxins from organs to elimination.
- Stimulating the nervous system.
- Drain lymphatic and venous fluids from legs and pelvis.
- Stimulation of blood flow into digestive tract after ‘squeezing' and ‘constriction’, which in turn promotes better automated muscle function (large intestine in particular).
- Dislodging particles from colon.
- Deep relaxation in order to counteract the release of stress hormones (eg.cortisol), which inhibits detox process.
In the interests of maintaining and building on the fantastic health benefits gained over the week, I have filmed and uploaded a detox yoga sequence for everyone to follow in their own time and in their own homes. This sequence is great as part of a detox regime, but can also be used on a regular basis to fire up your digestive system and assist the liver and kidneys in their natural detox functionality. I recommend you follow this sequence in the morning before breakfast and on an empty tummy. Have a warm shower or gentle swim beforehand if you feel especially stiff in the early morning. Check out the sequence here:
I look forward to hearing from you about your experiences with this detox yoga sequence.